Please note: None of the Simple Living Media sites are currently accepting unsolicited guest posts at this time. Thank you for your interest!
Each channel has specific guidelines relating to content and style, so you need to ask the appropriate editor for more details. However, these are the definite guidelines that hold true for each of our channels:
• Posts begin with a photo 575 pixels wide. The photo must be credited with an appropriate source, and must be legal to use. Be sure you include the hyperlink to the photo source so we know where to credit it. Multiple photos are great if your article is longer. The Creative Commons area of Flickr is a good place to search for photos, though we prefer high-quality photos of your own.
• Post length should be approximately 300 – 800 words. The maximum word count is 900.
• Guest posts must fit into one of the categories represented on each channel.
• The tone of your post should be knowledgable, yet still informal and friendly. Keep in mind that readers come from a variety of perspectives, faiths, and backgrounds.
• All posts should come from personal experience. The best ones tell a story about something that happened, or is happening, to you personally. Capture the readers with a hook story at the beginning.
• Posts with bullet points are the most popular. Bullet points keep articles to-the-point and easy to read. Review past posts to make sure yours is of a similar style.
• Links back to your own blog or site should be modest and fit the content of your post. If you include too many links, chances are low it will be published.
• Posts end with a brief author’s bio that links to the site (or sites) of the author’s choice. The author’s bio photo is pulled from their registered email at Gravatar. Please include a 1-2 sentence bio with your guest post submission.
• We reserve the right to edit your submission for brevity, grammar, readability, and sometimes for meaning. If too much editing is required to make the post useful, chances are low that it will be published.
• You retain the copyright to your writing, but once it’s submitted to Simple Living Media, we reserve the right to use and refer to it.
Thanks again for your submission!